Composites One Extends 2017 Educational Partnership with IACMI
2017 Workshop Schedule Released with New and Familiar Locations
Composites One, along with the Closed Mold Alliance and Magnum Venus Products, announced their 2017 educational workshop schedule with the Institute for Advanced Composites Manufacturing Innovation (IACMI) during a press conference held at CAMX 2016 in Anaheim, CA.
“The workshops focusing on advanced processes and materials that we led with IACMI and Magnum Venus Products this year attracted hundreds of composites professionals,” said Composites One President and COO Leon Garoufalis, who was joined at the Press Announcement by IACMI Workforce & Communications Director, Robin Pate. “We hope to build upon this success in 2017 by attracting an even wider audience to four more schools – some in new locations as well,” added Leon.
“As part of IACMI-The Composite Institute’s commitment to The Department of Energy, industry partners and state partners supporting our organization, workforce training initiatives are prioritized to meet the needs resulting from the anticipated growth of the advanced composites industry,” said Dr. Craig Blue, IACMI CEO. “Though our partnership with Composites One, 140 organizations representing over 30 states have experienced innovative hands-on training thus far in 2016. The opportunities for attendees to learn best practices in composites manufacturing and connect with industry peers through these workshops has been very well received. We are pleased to announce continued partnership with Composites One in 2017 that will include additional training sessions in four of IACMI’s partner states, Tennessee, Michigan, Indiana and Colorado.”
Locations and dates include:
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN – February 23-24 – New Location!
- NREL/IACMI Wind Technology Facility, Boulder, CO – April 18-19
- IACMI Vehicle Scale Up Facility at Corktown, Detroit, MI – May 16-17 – New Location!
- IACMI Modeling & Simulation Facility at Purdue University’s Indiana Manufacturing Institute, West Lafayette, IN – November 7-8
- Composites One Congratulates Vectorply on 25 Years and the Opening of New Advanced Composite Reinforcement Facility
Have questions? Contact Us.