Composites are Critical for Canadian Aerospace Industry
Composite materials, such as carbon fiber, aramid, epoxy resins, polyester resins and vinyl ester resins, are becoming more and more prominent in the aerospace industry. One of the top Canadian aerospace industries that is increasing its composite materials use is the helicopter manufacturing sector. What is source for this claim?
Composite materials make sense for aerospace manufacturing
Helicopter manufacturers and designers need materials that decrease weight, such as composite materials, which allow for aircraft components that are lighter, more durable and corrosion resistant. These characteristics of composite material enable helicopter manufacturers to create rotorcraft that can better complete a variety of functions in Canada, which include:
- Executive transportation
- Air ambulance and emergency medical response
- Firefighting applications
- Law Enforcement applications
- Search and Rescue operations
- Oil and Gas drilling facility supply
The durability, corrosion resistance and lighter weight that helicopters gain by incorporating composite materials allow them to perform all of these important functions in the Canadian skies, and at the same time, carry more cargo or people, have greater fuel efficiency and keep maintenance costs low. For instance, major Canadian rotorcraft manufacturer Airbus Helicopters Canada uses an all-composite airframe for their H160 model, which makes it the first civilian helicopter to do so. By using this composite airframe in addition to other components made from composite materials, the H160 weighs almost 2,000 pounds lighter than comparable models from its competitors.
Composites One is the leading supplier of composites in North America
With Composites One, the Canadian aerospace industry now has access to the number one supplier of composite materials in North America. In fact, our comprehensive North American supply network makes Composite One the perfect choice industries like helicopter manufacturing and maintenance because we can supply quality carbon fiber, aramid, epoxy resins, polyester resins, and vinyl ester resins to your company. For information about composite material supplies, contact the team at Composites One today.
- Solvay and Composites One Announce North-America Distribution Agreement for the Process Materials and Tooling Product Lines
- LIVE Demos Provide CAMX Attendees with Composites Knowledge – Demos, Takeaways and More from Composites One, the Closed Mold Alliance and Industry Partners
- HSE Bulletin Department of Health, Safety & Environment Compliance Reminder for Quarter Four of 2018
Have questions? Contact Us.