Composites One Stays Busy in the Demo Zone at CAMX 2022
During CAMX 2022 in Anaheim, California, Composites One and the Closed Mold Alliance joined expert forces at the Demo Zone to demonstrate closed molding processing for Aerospace, Marine, Wind Energy, prepreg, and thermoplastics applications. Joining other industry partners, the companies provided live demonstrations of Vacuum Infusion, Prepreg Processing, Reusable Bag Molding, Light RTM, and other advanced composites processing technologies.
The Demo Zone is a large, enclosed staging area where CAMX attendees and composites manufacturers can watch as closed molding and advanced manufacturing processes are used to build real-world parts for marine, aerospace, wind energy, and other key markets. Composites One and its partners demonstrated the following composites uses and processing technologies for attendees:
CAMX demonstrations for composites manufacturers
- For Marine Manufacturers, they built a boat hardtop while showing varying tactical uses for Aerovac process materials with Reusable Bag Molding, Light RTM, and Vacuum Infusion.
- For Aerospace Manufacturers, they demonstrated how using various composites materials and techniques can improve processing efficiency.
- They showcased composite tooling demonstrations featuring Vacuum Infusion and Aerovac process materials.
- They introduced a new technology featuring Fast Flow Hybrid Light RTM.
- To show cost, waste, and time-saving efficiencies, they exhibited the uses for tailored process material kits with Aerovac Process Materials.
- They unveiled new equipment and technology including a new spraying system, thermoplastics technology, dustless sanding, and more.
At CAMX, Composites One invited composites manufacturers to view manufactured parts, ask questions to technical experts and supplier partners, and learn about innovative processes they can apply to their own composites manufacturing operations. Composites One customers can access similar technical support and expertise on an ongoing basis to help optimize composites manufacturing processes long term.
Along with Composites Manufacturing and CompositesWorld, the CAMX media sponsors, industry partners involved in the Composites One Demo Zone included:
- 3A Composites Core Materials
- Aerovac Composites One
- A&P Technology
- Custom Polymer Design (CPD)
- Magnum Venus Products
- Mahogany Company
- Mission Critical Composites (MCC)
- Owens Corning
- RTM North Ltd.
- United Initiators Inc.
- Vectorply Corporation
- Composites One Presents Webinar | Make The Right Decision About Process Materials For Your Manufacturing Goals
Have questions? Contact Us.