It’s the Demo of All Demos, the Lean Mean Process Machine – LIVE at CAMX (Video)
Composites One, along with the Closed Mold Alliance and more than 20 industry partners, will present more than 15 closed mold and advanced process demonstrations in a massive enclosed staging area – LIVE – at Booth P22 during CAMX 2016 in Anaheim, CA, September 27-29.
It’s the Demo of All Demos – the One, the Only Lean Mean Process Machine, an annual event designed to educate manufacturers about processes and technologies that can help them produce better parts. Presented at major industry events for over a decade, Composites One’s demos have ranged from building an entire sailboat, to making smaller parts nonstop.
“We’re calling this year’s program the ‘demo of all demos’ because it goes beyond previous events,” said Composites One Director of Marketing Communications Marcy Offner. “Not only will manufacturers see us use closed mold and advanced processes to build or repair real-world parts, but they’ll see the latest in innovative products. They will also gain valuable knowledge of the featured processes, helping them determine what might be best for their own operation.”
On the agenda are market segment-focused process demos and a new technology presentation, including:
- Marine – Building a boat console through Light RTM (best cosmetics)
- Transportation – Using SMC and compression molding to build an automotive part (fast turnaround)
- Aerospace – Two demos: Making a UAV wing structure through Vacuum Infusion (low cost, light weight, damage tolerance) and using a RTM heated mold to build interior aircraft panels (flame retardant resin)
- Consumer Recreation – Producing skateboards through Silicone Bag Molding (damage tolerance)
- Corrosion – Building eight-inch pipe flanges in a Light RTM production cell (durability, heat-resistance)
- Infrastructure – Using Vacuum Bag Infusion to repair a carbon fiber column (repair, seismic protection)
- Architecture – Using Silicone Bag Molding to build wooden benches (ideal for inlays and textures)
- New Tooling Technology – Preparing a CNC plug mold with GURU tooling material (advanced tooling)
Demos will be repeated at CAMX on Tuesday and Wednesday, providing more than one opportunity for attendees to see what interests them. Thursday will be an Open House for live Q&A with the technical teams. Many demos will feature systems from Magnum Venus Products (MVP) and tooling from RTM North Ltd., North America’s leading authority on Light RTM tooling. With Composites One, both MVP and RTM North are founding members of the Closed Mold Alliance – a resource dedicated to helping manufacturers successfully convert to closed mold and advanced processes.
- Solvay and Composites One Announce North-America Distribution Agreement for the Process Materials and Tooling Product Lines
- LIVE Demos Provide CAMX Attendees with Composites Knowledge – Demos, Takeaways and More from Composites One, the Closed Mold Alliance and Industry Partners
Have questions? Contact Us.