LIVE Demos Provide CAMX Attendees with Composites Knowledge – Demos, Takeaways and More from Composites One, the Closed Mold Alliance and Industry Partners
Arlington Heights, IL, October 21, 2018…Hundreds of manufacturers know more about closed molding and advanced processes than ever before, thanks to attending Knowledge is Power – the LIVE process demos presented by Composites One and the Closed Mold Alliance during CAMX 2018 in Dallas, October 16-18. Along with their supplier partners, they presented 16 demos inside a large, enclosed staging area providing attendees with a safe yet clear view of each process.
Demos focused on processes and products for key market segments such as marine, aerospace, architecture, automotive and consumer recreation. Among the most popular presentations were:
• A unique comparison demo of Light RTM, silicone bag molding and vacuum infusion running simultaneously, each building a hard top for a boat; • An automotive demo showcasing an epoxy infusion system that cures in 10 minutes;
• An innovative way of utilizing 3D printing to create complex parts such as automotive side view mirrors; and
• A Light RTM work cell demo building uniquely shaped skateboards.
“Our goal at this year’s event was to present demos providing attendees with practical knowledge, while also showcasing new technologies, that could be shared with their team members and applied to their own operation,” said Marcy Offner, Director of Marketing Communications, Composites One. According to Offner, demos featured systems from Magnum Venus Products (MVP) and tooling from Sigmatex and RTM North Ltd., North America’s leading authority on Light RTM tooling. With Composites One, both MVP and RTM North are founding members of the Closed Mold Alliance – a resource dedicated to helping manufacturers successfully convert to closed mold and advanced processes.
In addition, Composites One held a live press announcement on the exhibition floor where they announced a new partnership with Solvay, a leading supplier of prepreg tooling systems and consumable suppliers for the aerospace industry. They also announced their continued partnership with IACMI – the Composites Institute and their 2019 joint workshop schedule. Workshops will be held:
• Week of March 18 – NREL, Boulder, CO
• Week of June 10 – Composite Prototyping Center (CPC), New York, NY
• Week of August 19 – Greenville Tech, Greenville, SC
• Week of November 4 – Davis Technical College, Salt Lake City, UT
Composites One is North America’s leading supplier of composite materials, serving customers from 41 locations in the U.S. and Canada. Composites One offers composites fabricators and molders unmatched product depth and breadth from more than 600 of the industry’s top suppliers through a technical sales and customer service force that is the most knowledgeable in the industry. The company offers a variety of value-added services including dedicated teams of technical experts focused on helping customers find solutions in advanced composites materials and processes, closed mold technologies, technical applications reviews, and unmatched industry regulatory compliance assistance. Composites One is headquartered in Arlington Heights, IL. Find out more at www.compositesone.com.
- Solvay and Composites One Announce North-America Distribution Agreement for the Process Materials and Tooling Product Lines
- LIVE Demos Provide CAMX Attendees with Composites Knowledge – Demos, Takeaways and More from Composites One, the Closed Mold Alliance and Industry Partners
- HSE Bulletin Department of Health, Safety & Environment Compliance Reminder for Quarter Four of 2018
Have questions? Contact Us.