Composites One Announces Educational Partnership with IACMI
Composites One, Closed Mold Alliance and MVP to Lead Four Advanced Composites Schools in 2016
Composites One, the nation’s leading distributor of composite materials, and the Institute for Advanced Composites Manufacturing Innovation (IACMI), one of eight organizations comprising the National Network of Manufacturing Innovation, announced their new partnership to customers, exhibitors and the press during CAMX 2015 in Dallas.
Through the new partnership, Composites One, along with the Closed Mold Alliance and Magnum Venus Products (MVP), will lead four schools in advanced processes and products at key IACMI locations beginning in Spring 2016. A public-private partnership, IACMI is supported by the US Department of Energy’s Advanced Manufacturing Office and is one of eight organizations comprising the National Network of Manufacturing Innovation.
“Composites One, like IACMI, is dedicated to the advancement of our industry,” said Composites One President and COO Leon Garoufalis during the announcement. “With this new partnership, we can help prepare the next generation of composites professionals, as well as ensure that our industry’s existing workforce is up to speed on the latest technologies.” Also speaking at the event were IACMI CEO Dr. Craig Blue and MVP President & CFO Peter Hedger.
“We are proud to partner with Composites One, along with the Closed Mold Alliance and Magnum Venus Products. Cross-organization collaboration reinforces our mission to accelerate the development and adoption of cutting-edge manufacturing technologies for low-cost, energy-efficient manufacturing of advanced composites. This partnership will positively impact innovation in manufacturing and advance the existing workforce composites ecosystem.” said IACMI-The Composites Institute, CEO Craig Blue.
The upcoming schools, dates and locations include:
- Process & Advanced Materials Workshop – April 5-6 in Knoxville, Tennessee (Oak Ridge National Lab)
- Intermediate Processing & Wind Energy Workshop – June 14-15 in Denver, Colorado (NREL)
- Process & Advanced Materials Workshop – August 9-10 in West Lafayette, Indiana (Purdue University)
- Process & Automotive Market Advances in Composites – November 1-2 in Detroit, Michigan (Michigan State)
Schools are designed to help participants become more adept in advanced and closed mold processing, out-of-autoclave production, additive manufacturing (3D printing) light-weighting of products, prototyping, selecting systems and equipment, advancements in composites and high performance materials, data acquisition, modeling and simulation.
To help achieve this goal, sessions will be led by experienced process experts from Composites One and the Closed Mold Alliance, a resource dedicated to helping manufacturers make a successful conversion to closed mold and other advanced processes. Along with Composites One, the Alliance founding members include Magnum Venus Products and RTM North Ltd.
Additional details on each school are now being finalized. For more information, please call Composites One at 800-621-8003, or visit compositesone.com.
To read the full press release click here.
- Solvay and Composites One Announce North-America Distribution Agreement for the Process Materials and Tooling Product Lines
- LIVE Demos Provide CAMX Attendees with Composites Knowledge – Demos, Takeaways and More from Composites One, the Closed Mold Alliance and Industry Partners
- HSE Bulletin Department of Health, Safety & Environment Compliance Reminder for Quarter Four of 2018
Have questions? Contact Us.