Composites One Presents Advanced Infusion for Aerospace Webinar
Thu, Jul 16, 2020 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM CDT
About the Webinar
Vacuum Infusion Processing (VIP), known by many other acronyms, has become a viable option in manufacturing aerospace composites. Providing several benefits over autoclave molded prepreg reinforcements – especially for large, complex structures – infusion is increasingly popular with aerospace and other traditional market manufacturers. This session will provide an overview of infusion theory and highlight several aerospace applications of the process and its variants.
- Infusion theory and strategies for the aerospace manufacturer
- Benefits over autoclave molded prepreg reinforcements, especially for large, complex structures
- The latest technology in product and process materials
- Real-life examples of infusion for aerospace
Lead Technical Support Manager, Composites One
James Jones is Lead Technical Support Manager for Composites One, North America’s leading composites distributor. He has more than 20 years of experience in the composites industry including design and training. James holds Mechanical Engineering and Juris Doctor degrees from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX.
Technical Support Manager, Composites One
Neil Smith is a Technical Support Manager for Composites One, supporting and assisting customers with manufacturing and design needs for the past six years. Neil has over ten years experience working as a Composites Engineer in marine design and manufacturing. As well as over five years as a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer of Composites in the Wind Industry for Clipper Windpower, a Pratt & Whitney Power Systems Company. Neil received his undergraduate degree from University of Delaware in Mechanical Engineering.
- Composites One Presents Webinar | Make The Right Decision About Process Materials For Your Manufacturing Goals
- Composites One Presents Webinar | Efficiencies of Kitting and Plying for Processing Advanced Composite Materials
Have questions? Contact Us.