What is Closed Mold Manufacturing?
Closed Molding is a technology which allows the manufacturing of better polymer composite parts in less time, with less waste, and largely reduced emissions a possibility. A wide range of industries use closed mold technologies to make precision parts. Industries include aerospace, transportation, and recreation. When identical parts need to be manufactured out of composites multiple times, closed molding is a viable option.
There are three primary types of closed mold technology, these include:
- Light Resin Transfer Molding (Light RTM)
- Closed Cavity Bag Molding (CCBM)
- Vacuum Infusion Process (VIP) – (Not to be confused with vacuum bagging)
- Solvay and Composites One Announce North-America Distribution Agreement for the Process Materials and Tooling Product Lines
- LIVE Demos Provide CAMX Attendees with Composites Knowledge – Demos, Takeaways and More from Composites One, the Closed Mold Alliance and Industry Partners
- HSE Bulletin Department of Health, Safety & Environment Compliance Reminder for Quarter Four of 2018
Have questions? Contact Us.