What is Closed Mold Manufacturing?
Closed Molding is a technology which allows the manufacturing of better polymer composite parts in less time, with less waste, and largely reduced emissions a possibility. A wide range of industries use closed mold technologies to make precision parts. Industries include aerospace, transportation, and recreation. When identical parts need to be manufactured out of composites multiple times, closed molding is a viable option.
There are three primary types of closed mold technology, these include:
- Light Resin Transfer Molding (Light RTM)
- Closed Cavity Bag Molding (CCBM)
- Vacuum Infusion Process (VIP) – (Not to be confused with vacuum bagging)
- Composites One Presents Webinar | Make The Right Decision About Process Materials For Your Manufacturing Goals
- Composites One Presents Webinar | Efficiencies of Kitting and Plying for Processing Advanced Composite Materials
Have questions? Contact Us.